All thanks and blame goes to Brad J., whose response to the meme can be read here.
(1) Total Number of Books I’ve Owned: aprox. 550 (497 by actual count, but I have a shelf-full at my parents’ house in Tennessee about the contents of which I can only speculate. It should be noted that, with one or two exceptions during my high school years when I got into selling off books and CDs to used shops, a phase I continue to regret, I have never gotten rid of books.)
(2) Last Book I Bought: Kieślowski on Kieślowski (ed. Danusia Stok) and Collected Poems (Philip Larkin) – same Amazon order.
(3) The Last Book I Read: in toto, The Films of Krzysztof Kieślowski: The Liminal Image by Joseph G. Kickasola (fantastic, if you’re interested in Kieślowski). Also thumbed through and read selections from Collected Poems, 1945-2000 by R. S. Thomas.
(4) Five Books that Mean A Lot to Me (in no particular order): A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving), Lord, Teach Us: The Lord’s Prayer and the Christian Life (Hauerwas and Willimon), A Wrinkle in Time (Madeleine L’Engle), For the Life of the World: Sacraments and Orthodoxy (Fr. Alexander Schmemann), Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
(5) People to Tag: Sensei JFK, Jimmy White Shoes, Michael D., Karla Jean, Bill Power
(I suggest posting your responses in the comments, OR posting on your own blogs if you have them and linking to it via the comments. Happy meme-ing.)